📆 On March 1st, 2022, CDC Biodiversité organised a webinar to present how the GBS supports the steps of the SBTN Corporate Engagement Program (CEP) regarding biodiversity.
- The record is available on our Youtube channel.
- Slide deck: Setting science-based targets for nature with the GBS. 1st March 2022. Download.
📢 About this event
You would like to join the Corporate Engagement Program of the Science-Based Target Network (SBTN) but need to know more about completing the different steps?
You’ve already joined the Corporate Engagement Program of the SBTN but don’t know how to complete the first steps?
CDC Biodiversité would like to share how its tool, the Global Biodiversity Score (GBS), can help companies to complete the first steps of the CEP regarding biodiversity and more specifically ecological integrity.
The GBS has been developed to assess the biodiversity footprint of companies and financial institutions. It answers to step 1 of the CEP, helps complete step 2 and supports step 3 with the baseline definition and targets setting.
It is also useful for step 5 to track your evolution.
📌 Agenda (2:00 to 3:00 pm, CET)
02:00 – 02:05 Welcome 👋
02:05 – 02:10 The Global Biodiversity Score concepts reminder
02:10 – 02:30 Case study : Vattenfall’s biodiversity footprint assessment
> Helle Hommelgaard Herk-Hansen – VP Environment at Vattenfall
> Josefin Blanck – Strategic Environmental Advisor
02:30 – 02:50 How the GBS connects with SBTN CEP steps for biodiversity
02:50 – 02:55 Q&A
02:55 – 03:00 Conclusion
> Sarah Bausmith – SBTN, Corporate Engagement Program
📖 Related publications
• Global Biodiversity Score: Establishing an ecosystem of stakeholders to measure the biodiversity performance of human activities. 2021 update. Download
• Measuring the contributions of business and finance towards the post-2020 global biodiversity framework – 2019 technical update. Download
• Global Biodiversity Score: a tool to establish and measure corporate and financial commitments for biodiversity – 2018 technical update. Download
• Global Biodiversity Score: measuring a company’s biodiversity footprint. Report describing the Global Biodiversity Score (GBS) publication as of November 2017, in particular its « crop commodity tool » to assess the footprint of crops. Download
• Common ground in biodiversity footprint methodologies for the financial sector – CDC Biodiversité, ASN bank, ACTIAM, Finance in Motion: Working paper to move towards a common standard for biodiversity footprint for financial institutions; also relevant for non-financial businesses as most of the concepts and methodological steps are similar. Download
• CDC Biodiversité & Schneider Electric, Assessing biodiversity footprint, the occasion to accelerate corporate biodiversity strategy – September 2020. Download