📆 CDC Biodiversité organises a webinar to present the Global Biodiversity Score (GBS) on June 23rd, 2022.
📢 About this event
How can financial institutions (FIs) comply and anticipate with the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFRD) and Taskforce on Nature-related Financial Disclosures (TNFD)? Can one metric sum up the biodiversity impact of economic activities? How can businesses set science-based targets to reduce their impact on biodiversity and align with planetary boundaries and international goals as they do for climate (e.g. -30% biodiversity footprint by 2030)? How to define an activity with low impact on ecosystems in connection with the Green Taxonomy of the European Union?
After five years of development, CDC Biodiversité launched in May, 2020, its biodiversity footprint assessment tool: the Global Biodiversity Score (GBS), which seeks to address these questions and makes it possible for companies or financial institutions to evaluate their impact on biodiversity. The GBS has been developed with the Businesses for Positive Biodiversity Club (B4B+), a group of about 10 financial institutions and 25 companies, benefiting from extensive road-testing. About ten biodiversity footprint assessments of companies have already been completed with the GBS. This tool allows to perform the SBTN’s Step 1, to define a baseline and set targets within Step 3 and then to monitor the achievement of these objectives within Step 5.
10:00 – 10:10 Opening of the webinar and welcome participants 👋
10:10 – 11:20
• Context of the biodiversity footprint
• Methodology of the GBS
• The B4B+ Club
• Biodiversity Footprint Assessment & SBTN’s steps
• TNFD & proposals for financial institutions
• GBS training
11:20 – 12:20 Case Studies Presentation 🗣
12:20 – 12:30 Common standard – Towards a common standard for biodiversity footprint
💻 Zoom information
Zoom information will be shared in the order confirmation.
📖 Related publications
• CDC Biodiversité (2021), Global Biodiversity Score – 2021 update – Establishing an ecosystem of stakeholders to measure the biodiversity performance of human activities, BERGER, J., CHOUKROUN, R., COSTES, A., MARIETTE, J., ROUET-POLLAKIS, S., VALLIER, A., ZHANG, P. ; Paris, July 2020 (BIODIV’2050 Outlook – N°18) Download
• CDC Biodiversité & Schneider Electric, Assessing biodiversity footprint, the occasion to accelerate corporate biodiversity strategy – September 2020. Download
• CDC Biodiversité, Measuring the contributions of business and finance towards the post-2020 global biodiversity framework – 2019 technical update – BERGER, J., CHOUKROUN, R., MELKI, A., VALLIER, A., ZHANG, P. ; Paris, July 2020 (BIODIV’2050 Outlook – N°15) Download
• CDC Biodiversité, Global Biodiversity Score : a tool to establish and measure corporate and financial commitments for biodiversity – 2018 technical update, Paris, avril 2019 (BIODIV’2050 Outlook – N°14) Download
• CDC Biodiversité, Common ground in biodiversity footprint methodologies for the financial sector – BERGER, J.; GOEDKOOP, M.J.; BROER, W; NOZEMAN, R; GROSSCURT, C.D.; BERTRAM, M., CACHIA, F.; Paris, 3 October 2018 (Working paper, N°12) Download
• CDC Biodiversité, Global Biodiversity Score: measuring a company’s biodiversity footprint – Paris, November 2017 (BIODIV’2050 Outlook, N°11) Download