📆 On 22 February, 2022, CDC Biodiversité organised a consultation webinar on the benchmark factsheet about construction sector.
📢 About this event
The benchmark factsheet is designed for companies or investors to assess a sector’s impact on biodiversity. It is supported by an explanatory appendix. Companies can use the factsheet to compare their impacts (e.g. assessed with the Global Biodiversity Score tool) to the sector average or to estimate their impact and main pressures on biodiversity. Also, investors can use it to screen their biodiversity impact, or rate specific companies’ performance against sectoral benchmarks. Finally, factsheets will help nourish the work of the EU Green Taxonomy by identifying low impact companies.
We have launched with sectoral partners in the B4B+ Club a first consultation on a benchmark factsheet for the Construction sector (the third of a series of 13 sectors) and we are looking for further feedbacks from companies, financial institutions, governments, NGOs on the content and format of this benchmark factsheet. Its technical appendix is also available for an online consultation. It is best to have quickly read the factsheet before the event.
The webinar was not a large launch event for the factsheet but rather a consultation where we welcome comments and observations from all the interested stakeholders.
11:00 – 11:10 Welcoming words 👋
11:10 – 11:20 Introduction to the Global Biodiversity Score
11:20 – 11:25 Overview of the benchmark sheet
11:25 –11:40 Key biodiversity impacts & dependencies of the industry
11:40 – 11:55 Deep dive on the biodiversity impacts of the industry
11:55 – 12:10 Reduction actions & environmental safeguards
12:10 – 12:15 Key messages
12:15 – 12:25 Other comments on the factsheet or its appendix
12:25 – 12:30 Final words
📖 Related publications
Reports describing the Global Biodiversity Score (GBS) are linked here. The GBS is a tool used to assess the biodiversity footprint of businesses and financial institutions.
• Global Biodiversity Score: Establishing an ecosystem of stakeholders to measure the biodiversity performance of human activities. 2021 update. Download
• Measuring the contributions of business and finance towards the post-2020 global biodiversity framework – 2019 technical update. Download
• Global Biodiversity Score: a tool to establish and measure corporate and financial commitments for biodiversity – 2018 technical update. Download
• Global Biodiversity Score: measuring a company’s biodiversity footprint. Report describing the Global Biodiversity Score (GBS) publication as of November 2017, in particular its « crop commodity tool » to assess the footprint of crops. Download
• Common ground in biodiversity footprint methodologies for the financial sector – CDC Biodiversité, ASN bank, ACTIAM, Finance in Motion: Working paper to move towards a common standard for biodiversity footprint for financial institutions; also relevant for non-financial businesses as most of the concepts and methodological steps are similar. Download
• CDC Biodiversité & Schneider Electric, Assessing biodiversity footprint, the occasion to accelerate corporate biodiversity strategy – September 2020. Download
[Please note that this was not a GBS presentation]