The EU B@B platform is holding its European Business and Nature Summit (EBNS) on 8 and 9 December. On 8 December morning (10:00 to 12:00 Brussels time), CDC Biodiversité, The Biodiversity Consultancy and UNEP-WCMC told all about biodiversity footprint during a webinar for corporates and financial institutions! The “Biodiversity measurement for business & finance – An update on recent developments and lessons learnt” webinar was hosted just ahead of the Business and Nature Summit. Dive into the topic of biodiversity measurement, learn from the lessons of the most recent corporate biodiversity footprint assessments, explore the impacts of listed equity…
The event included two streams on finance and business led in parallel on two different platforms.
Session F1 – 10:00-11:00 – led by UNEP-WCMC – Biodiversity measurement and commitments within the finance sector
Access the slide deck.
Chaired by Katie Leach, UNEP-WCMC.
- Investor action on biodiversity – Annelisa Grigg, Director and Sustainability Advisor, Globalbalance
- UNEP FI’s Principles for Responsible Banking and the Taskforce on Nature-related Financial Disclosure – Jessica Smith, Ecosystems Lead, UNEP FI
- Finance for Biodiversity Pledge – Anne-Marie Bor, NextGreen
- Aligning Financial Portfolios with Biodiversity Goals – a new module within ENCORE – Sebastian Bekker, Programme Officer, UNEP-WCMC
Session F2 – 11:00-12:00 – led by CDC Biodiversité – Implementing a commitment to measure the impact of financial assets
Chaired by Joshua Berger, CDC Biodiversité.
Watch the recording of the session
- The Biodiversity Impact Analytics (BIA) database: how to asses the biodiversity impact of an investment portfolio? – Marie-Anne Vincent, Head of Business Development, Carbon4 Finance & Antoine Vallier, Global Biodiversity Score expert, CDC Biodiversité (download and introduction by Antoine Vallier)
- Case study on the biodiversity impacts of an index of large European listed companies – Elisabeth Cassagnes, Sustainable Securities and Real Estate Portfolio Manager, CDC asset management (download)
- Biodiversity impact assessment by ASN and the Partnership for Biodiversity Accounting Financials (PBAF) – Roel Nozeman, Senior Advisor Biodiversity, ASN Bank (download)
Session B1 – 10:00-11:00 – led by CDC Biodiversité – Lessons learnt from the first corporate measurements
Chaired by Rose Choukroun, CDC Biodiversité.
- Aligning Biodiversity Measures for Business – continuing the collaboration 2021-2024 – Sharon Brooks, Deputy Head of Business and Biodiversity Programme, UNEP-WCMC (download)
- First full “end to end” biodiversity footprint assessment ever conducted – Xavier Houot, Senior VP- Chief Environment Officer, Schneider Electric & Patricia Zhang, Research officer, CDC Biodiversité (download and introduction by Patricia Zhang)
- Informing the group’s biodiversity strategy and targets with biodiversity footprinting – Thomas Andro, Head of Solvay Way, Solvay (download)
- Approaches to understanding biodiversity risk for companies – Edward Pollard, Technical Director, The Biodiversity Consultancy (download)
Session B2 – 11:00-12:00 – led by The Biodiversity Consultancy – Biodiversity measurement for business: emerging approaches and processes
Access the slide deck.
Chaired by Helen Temple (The Biodiversity Consultancy).
- Science-based Targets for Nature – Malcolm Starkey, The Biodiversity Consultancy
- Biodiversity Benchmarking – Liesl Truscott, Textile Exchange
- Planning and Monitoring Corporate Biodiversity Performance – Giulia Carbone, IUCN